Thursday, July 14, 2005

trapped in the clutches of boredom.... again...

yea, so i'm bored again. go figure. today consisted of me going to the dentist and getting my teeth cleaned. as usual, they told me i have great teeth (yay!). after that my mom, brother and i went out to lunch. at first we were going to go to sortino's on 72nd street, but they were closed (till dinner, we presumed). so since we were in the neighborhood, we stopped in on my nan and pop (my mom's parents) for a few minutes. after that we went and had lunch at khan's. then i came home... and here i am...

to tell the truth i got home hours ago, i'm just typing all this now. i was actually making progress on my story. i'll post an excerpt here just for fun, and if you really like it, talk to me and i may send you the whole thing to read (it's still not done though).

After we were out of the castle’s sight, we reached a fork in the road.
“We will take the left road.”
“No, the town is to the right,” idiot.
“No, we will go to the left.”
Sigh, “To the left leads to the Black Forest. We need to go to the right so we can stop by that little town for you to shake some hands and kiss some babies before we can get going to the inn.” I had been through a very trying morning, I just wanted a nice bed and some sleep.
“No, we will go to the left.”
“What, are you stupid or somethin’?! I just told you, the Black Forest is to the left. Do you even know what the Black Forest is?”
“We will go to the left.”
“Is that all you know how to say?” I raised an eyebrow.
“No, I’m a Royal and have had the finest education. I have a higher vocabulary than either of my parents, and you are being insolent and annoying. We will go to the left.”
At this point the guards, who had just been sitting there on their horses, acting as part of the scenery, began to lead their horses to the left.
“I can’t believe this!” I really don’t know what came over me, but for whatever reason, I followed the royal fool and his guards to the left. Bye-bye, Horseshoe Inn...


so how's that for ya? i was debating whether to put up some funnier scenes, but they were too long.

No comments: