Wednesday, July 27, 2005

hello mrs. kindergarten teacher!

oh, funny story. i was talking to my mom, and she told me this one. this all happened quite a few years ago when i was in the 7th grade, and they first split the kindergarten class into two separate classes. so that means that there was one more kindergarten teacher besides my mom. she was just the nicest lady, too. very young and pretty, and just got married that year. this story also involves the boys in the 8th grade class. so my mom and mrs. h. (the new k-garten teacher) were walking into the lunch room during the junior high lunch period. this was before the kindergarten stayed all day, so it was just the two of them. i was there, of course, being in junior high and all, but i must have been to involved in my spaghetti-o's (no! no more spaghetti-o's! x_x) to notice. as they walk in, some of the 8th grade boys yelled "hello, mrs. kindergarten teacher!" now, these boys are also guilty of stopping in the kindergarten room after school, just to say hi to the new teacher. all of this made the poor girl feel rather uncomfortable. after all, what 25-year-old woman in their right mind would enjoy being hit on by a bunch of 14-year-old boys? so anyway, back to the lunchroom scenario: "hello, mrs. kindergarten teacher!" and my mother replies "well hello, guys!" "oh, uh, hi mrs. yankus!" now i suppose this just doesn't sound as funny here as it did when it happened, or when my mom told me, but it was. the other kindergarten teacher started cracking up on the spot.

another somewhat amusing story. all over our house are pictures that were drawn, painted, or stitched by my mother, who prior to my existance was an art teacher. and the bottom of each and every one of them reads: "MAY [year]" being the dumb little five-year-old that i was, i wondered why my mother only made these pictures in the month of may. so i asked my mom about it one day. well you see the thing is, my mother's initials are m.a.y.

No comments: